Wednesday, May 5, 2010

LA JOLLA 1/2 MARATHON 2010








I'm so proud of myself! I've done a handful of 1/2 marathons, but not so soon after I had a baby. My goal wasn't about my time this one around....it was about NOT walking, and I DID IT! I did have an amazing partner to keep me motivated though...my sister Brooke. It was her first time running one and she is totally hooked now. We had such a blast doing it. It was such a huge accomplishment especially because both of us were still getting up during the nights to feed the babies and still managing to muster up the energy to train. It was the most beautiful 1/2 marathons that I have run. The Torrey Pines hills were killer, but we did it...and with smiles on our faces. Now that it is over we are looking to do the triple crown next year...3 1/2 marathons in January, April and August. Thank you Brooke for training and doing this with me! WE ROCK!!!


4 comments:

Mindy and Tyler said...

you are AMAZING! I can't believe you did that so soon after having a baby. And you look great too!

Susan said...

YOU ARE AMAZING! I am soooooooooo proud of you Jamie...I remember trying to get into normal clothes 8 months after giving birth not training for races!!! I read Brooke's description of her feelings during the race and it brought tears to my eyes..thank you for giving her confidence to do it :) Love Mom

Brooke Blackham said...

we do rock, don't we =) I can't wait for next year! Thanks for getting me into this! You're the best! I was looking at your family picture & dude!!! You guys have 3 kids-I somehow forget that because your baby is like a little doll! I miss your guts & your family too!

D'On Marx said...

That's so awesome. I don't know if I could ever do something like that. You never know, though. Great job you two!